Many homes in the UK have Victorian sash windows made out of timber. Most were installed more than 100 years ago and need to be replaced. Some homeowners are reluctant to get rid of these beautiful windows and install a more contemporary style. There is no need for you to lose your Victorian windows; you can always install modern style Victorian windows, and your home will maintain the same look. Here are a few of the benefits you will get to enjoy:
• While it is true that wooden sash windows are high maintenance, if you install aluminium or UPVC windows you will have to do very little maintenance. All that you need to do is wipe the window frames down with a wet cloth from time to time and clean the glass.
• Modern Victorian sash windows will help cut your utility bills by a big percentage. These windows have an energy rating of A++ which is much higher than older windows. Your home will feel much warmer in the winter.
• UPVC and aluminium Victorian sash windows make your home a lot more secure because they are hard to breach. They also come with a locking mechanism and you can install window locks for added security.
• Traditional sash windows came only in black and white, but with aluminium and UPVC you have a wide variety of colours to choose from. You can give your home a lot more character by painting your windows an interesting colour.
• These windows are easy to use – they have been around for hundreds of years and everyone knows how they work.
As for who should install your sash windows, we suggest that you try Salmon Bros. Limited. They are based in Cambridgeshire and are experts in all sorts of sash windows.