NHS Hearing Aids versus Private

If you have just been told by your doctor that you need hearing aids you must be wondering where you should get them from. For many people the only option is the NHS but talk to them and they will tell you that their experience was not at all what they expected. While the NHS aims to provide care for all, it is a national service that must serve lots of people and as a result the lines are often long – you may have to wait for months before you can get something as simple as hearing aids.
You have the option to go to a private audiologist. This is a health professional who does for you the same thing that NHS would – they will perform a series of tests to establish the reason for your hearing loss and then they will prescribe not just hearing aids but other treatments and coping mechanisms that you can use to get around every day.
The important thing to know about a private audiologist is that you will have to pay. If you have insurance you need to make sure that they cover things like hearing aids and auditory treatments. If your hearing loss is as a result of your work you can also get your employer to pay for your treatment.
This shouldn’t hold you back. Many of the best audiologists is the UK understand that lots of people need help but cannot afford to pay for it. They are happy to put patients in touch with various foundations that can help them get hearing aids at discounted rates and many of them also allow patients to pay by payment plan.
One such clinic is Chear – they are one of the best audiologist clinics in the UK and they offer a wide range of treatments and coping mechanisms for those suffering from hearing loss. Find out more on http://www.chears.co.uk/.